These are some new breakfast treats that have become favorites in the new year. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! Hope you and your family enjoys!
Purple Princess (Or Princely) Smoothies
For each serving....
1/3 cup skim milk
1/3 cup plain, non-fat yogurt
1/3 cup frozen strawberry slices
1/3 cup frozen blueberry slices
1 - 2 tsp honey (My husband likes it without the honey, but us girls like it sweet!)
If you would like to add fiber or protein, feel free to add oatmeal or wheat germ. I use my immersion blender, which is an awesome thing if you have one. But these can also be whipped up in a regular blender. Just a warning, check your teeth and face after drinking...we've had some funny moments with purple mustaches, noses and teeth! Get ready to laugh with this breakfast!
Peanut Butter Granola Mini Bars Recipe
- Prep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- Yield: 36 Servings
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, beat the peanut butter, honey, egg, oil and vanilla until blended. Combine the oats, brown sugar and salt; add to the peanut butter mixture and mix well. Stir in chips. (Batter will be sticky.)
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until set and edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
"I will greatly rejoice in the Lord" Isaiah 61:10a