Wednesday, February 20, 2013

What's Cookin' Wednesday!!!

These are going to be a new favorite for my family.  I take no credit; I got this recipe from a Southern Living magazine.  I can definitely see how you could make this for your own taste.  These are pizza puffs made with pepperoni and sausage, but I think if you wanted to forgo the meat it would be easy to use peppers, olives or mushrooms instead.  I also think they might would be tasty with black beans and corn and served with salsa...I will have to try that and share if it works!

They were a hit on my daughter's birthday and I will definitely be making them again!  Hope you and your family enjoys!!!

Spray 24 mini muffin pans and preheat the oven to 375.

3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
3/4 cup milk
1 egg
1 cup mozzarella
4 oz. cooked and crumbled sausage
1/2 cup miniature turkey pepperoni

Whisk together and let stand for 10 minutes before spooning into muffin pan.  Bake for 15-18 minutes.   Serve with warm pizza sauce.

Note- I used 1/2 cup mozzarella and 1/2 cup cheddar.  I also added 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning, and I used turkey sausage also.  I did not have miniature pepperonis so I quartered the regular turkey pepperonis.  I do think it would be better with the miniature ones!  But it was totally tasty and my hubby and I even had the leftovers for breakfast and they were tasty!


Today's Verse
"As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you:  continue ye in my love."  John 15:9


No comments:

Post a Comment