Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Twice a day

Wednesday night has always been pizza night in our house.  Even before the girls were born we established this as our quick meal.  Wednesdays can be chaotic trying to get to church, so a frozen pizza was my go to.  When we were at a start up church early in our marriage, we would meet some other members and order $6 pizzas from the place next to church and eat together before the' study began."  So it just stuck, and pizza is always Wednesday. 

Last Wednesday I tried a new pizza, and although delicious, it was a little garlicky.  Before we ran out the door for church, I ran to brush my teeth.  My daughter asked, "Mom, why are you brushing your teeth?  It is not bedtime, and we didn't just wake up! What are you doing?". I laughed and explained it was just fine to brush your teeth any time of the day!

That night I laughed again at her comment as I brushed my teeth for the third time that day.  Then I had a thought.  What if my daughter asked me what I was doing when I pick my Bible up and it is not Sunday or Wednesday.  Would she be shocked?

I have recently been trying to really emphasize the importance of learning more about God everyday to my girls.  We have talked about prayer, praising God and reading His Word to learn all we can.  It is not something that is done once or twice a week...IT IS AN EVERYDAY THING!

The girls sing a cute song at church, and we sing it some mornings while we read a little devotion.

Read your Bible pray everyday, pray everyday, pray everyday
Read your Bible pray everyday
And you'll grow grow grow

Neglect your Bible forget to pray, forget to pray, forget to pray
Neglect your Bible forget to pray
And you'll shrink shrink shrink

I'm pretty short, so I definitely do not want to shrink :). But seriously,  if I go a day or two without reading, I can tell a difference in every aspect of my life.  I feel guilty some days when I ask the girls to excuse me for 10 minutes so I can read a quick devo or a few verses in my Bible.  But honestly, I am a much better mother after I have spent that time with God!

Just like my teeth can never be too clean, God can never be praised too much.  

Caution...brushing teeth can be done more that twice a day!
Caution...praising God can be done more that twice a week...and both are recommended for your health! 



Today's Verse
"Glory ye in his holy name:  let the heart of them rejoice that seek the LORD.  Seek the LORD and his strength, seek his face continually."  1 Chronicles 16:10-11

No comments:

Post a Comment