Monday, April 29, 2013

Bright Side

I've had to look on the bright side several times in my life, and today is another day!!!!  When gloom seems to want to settle in my thinking, the bright side can, we simply put, brighten up any situation.  I sooooo did not want to get out of the bed at 5:15 when the sound of the rain was begging me to just go back to sleep.  It is Monday and there is nothing like a Monday rain to make you want to stay in bed!  But...

When the rain is pouring outside...the bright side is I can hear the rain, and I can see the clouds and my family is safe in our house and not out braving the elements with no place to go.  I am thankful for the beautiful weather we had Friday and Saturday.  And even though our family game night was rained out last night at church, we still had a blast playing games inside!  (I won't even tell you about the pastor, youth pastor and my husband taking over the bounce house from the kids and acting like kids themselves!)

When I am faced with mounds of laundry every Monday morning...the bright side is we have clothes' to wear and we had fun getting them dirty, and I am healthy enough to wash them to the best of my abilities.  (Even though I am not the stain master remover like my mom!)

When I am sweeping up crumbs for the second time and it is not even 9:00am...the bright side is we had food to put in our tummies this morning.  We were able to eat and pray and read the Bible together at our little table.  I am here with my girls, right where God has called me to be.  I can cook and clean and sing my hymns the whole time I am doing my tasks.

When we are making our hour and 10 minute long track to school and back home and my husband is making his two hour track to work (one way)...the bright side is we have vehicles to drive, a great school to attend, and my husband has a fantastic job to be blessed with.  We can see God's hand in all of these situations, and although they are not ideal, again we are right where God has called us to be for now.

The bright side is, no matter what, we are children of God, and no matter how life or our circumstances change or make us feel, that fact remains the same.  We are to walk in the light, as my daughter's memory verse for this week states, and we will choose to look on the bright side even when the sun is behind the clouds.

Today's Verse
Ephesians 5:8 "For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord:  walk as children of light"

No comments:

Post a Comment