Monday, April 8, 2013

A lot in 12 days

The 12 days of no school and 12 days of no posting and 12 days of our glorious spring break have passed quickly...like I knew they would...and today it is time to get back on track.  I wanted to shed a quick tear when the alarm began beeping at 4:45, but then I tried to perk myself up with "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it".

So much was accomplished in the few days off...we had a great Easter party/birthday party for Em...complete with giant bounce house that even us big kids enjoyed; we started an indoor garden...which has its first sprout; we painted projects, rooms and even bathroom cabinets; we got a new bed; I am officially a year older; we had our first marshmallow roast; we went to a fun puppet show; my oldest learned to ride without training wheels...YIKES!; we had some fun times at my parents; we did a lot of kite flying; we ate at some delicious restaurants, and we enjoyed an absolutely beautiful weekend after a chilly week.

YAY for breaks!

Although not every single thing got checked off of our to-do lists, we were pleased with what we did accomplish.  I tried to not get too discouraged that my writing goals did not quite reach my expectations, but I am thankful what did get done and for all the time we got to spend together as a family...and I tried not to think about that extra candle on my cake :)

I am excited about an On-line Bible Study I am beginning this week.  My husband gave me the book at Christmas.  Just when I was about to begin reading it, I found out about this study.  I put off reading the book so I can follow along with the group.  If you ever feel stressed out (ha ha...who doesn't!), this may be a great study for you.  Check it out!
http://melissataylor.org/2013/04/07/stressed-less-living-week-1/

Also, I am excited about a little fun exploration idea that I have on Focus on the Family right now.  If you would love to get your little ones outside, try this fun little outing.
http://www.thrivingfamily.com/Family/Stages/Early%20Years/2013/springtime-exploration.aspx

Hope you are getting back on schedule today even if it was hard heading back to school!

Today's Verse
Psalms 118:1 "O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good:  because his mercy endureth for ever."








No comments:

Post a Comment