Wednesday, March 27, 2013

What's Cookin'

If today wasn't the last day of school for a while, I honestly don't know if I could make it to the end of the week.  That is just how burnt out I am feeling.  I love love love the school my daughter attends, but the long long drive there and the getting up at 5:00 am and the preparing lunches and cooking breakfast and picking out the outfits and the fixing hair and saying "please hurry up" about 25 times every day...every single day...wow...I am just so thankful and excited for a break.  I will be taking a break from blogging as well.  We will be doing a lot of fun activities, hopefully somef resting, a little organizing, time at my parents and I hope to focus on a few articles.

I pray your family enjoys the Easter celebrations you are a part of.  I hope you have a fun Easter egg hunt to attend, cherished time to spend with your family, and most importantly time to reflect and thank our heavenly Father for sending His Son to die for us ALL!

I told you last week I would share the dirt cups that I prepared for the New Life party at my daughter's school.  I used the recipe from Kraft.  I also made my trifle recipe and have actually tried to write it down so I can share.  I have never written it down before, so I hope I got it all right!

I also included the links for the bunny cake and the chick cupcakes we are planning to make for our family Easter Egg hunt on Saturday and the link to a blog I enjoy.  The blog has cool recipes.  It is perfect for Easter morning and talking with your kids about the empty tomb. I hope your family enjoys!  


Trifle

13x9 box of brownie mix prepared as directed with egg, water, and oil(I use Pilsbury family box milk chocolate)
1 large box of chocolate pudding prepared as directed with skim milk
1 8 oz reduced fat cream cheese
1 jar marshmallow creme
2 containers whip cream (I use reduced fat)
1/2 cup oreo crumbs plus whole oreos for decorating

Prepare brownies and allow to cool and cut into 1 in cubes.  Prepare pudding and place in the fridge while brownies are baking.  Whip together room temp cream cheese, marshmallow creme, and 1 container of whip cream.  Stir in oreo crumbs.  Layer the brownies, pudding, and oreo fluff.  Top with the other container of whip cream and top with whole oreos and a sprinkle of crumbs if desired.  Sooooo Yummy!




Dirt Cups



Other cute Easter Treats




Today's Verse
Romans 4:24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;
25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.
Romans 5:1  Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.



No comments:

Post a Comment