Wednesday, March 6, 2013

What's Cookin' Wednesday!

I was looking to do something a little different with our green chicken recipe and what I came up with was super tasty!  I put this together on a Saturday evening and refrigerated.  I placed it in the oven, covered in foil, on 275 before going to church Sunday morning.  I removed the foil when we got home and turned it up to 400 for 15 minutes while I made the toast and it had a nice brown and bubbly crust.  Super yummy and makes great lunches the next day.

Green Chicken Manicotti

1 package manicotti noodles
1 container of part skim ricotta cheese
1 egg
1 cup shredded Italian blend cheese
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp Italian seasoning

1 lb boneless, skinless chicken tenders

1 cup pesto sauce (I use store bought)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup milk
1 cup frozen spinach

1 cup Mozzerela
1/2 cup panko crumbs

Cook noodles according to directions.  Mix ricotta, egg, cheese and spices.  Fill noodles with mixture and set aside.  Brown chicken until juices run clear.  Add pesto, soup, milk and spinach.  Layer noodles in a greased casserole dish.  Pour half the sauce and 1/2 cup of cheese and repeat with rest of noodles and sauce and cheese.  Top with crumbs.

I put some sun-dried tomatoes on half of the mixture for color and because they are tasty to me!

Hope your family enjoys!





Today's Verse
"Let all your things be done with charity."  1 Cor 16:14

No comments:

Post a Comment