Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Bad Days

I felt like I deserved the worst mother of the year award yesterday!  I have never been one to forget things.  But the older I get and the more crazier our schedule gets, the more I tend to forget things...and not to mention that the recent cleanup of the catastrophe of the water heater and going out of town did not help my memory...not that I am making excuses!

It is my daughter's week to be featured on the bulletin board at school and I forgot to send the pictures.  I felt horrible as she bounced in the van and announced I forgot to send them.  We had fun looking at the old photos and deciding which ones to print.  But when it came time to print them, my printer started acting crazy!  To make an extremely long story short...we had to make an unplanned trip to Staples (which is not right next door) and the whole scenario put us way off schedule.  This was on top of my little one falling asleep before lunch (there's the whole I want my hour back debacle) and a few other mishaps that had occurred.  I was feeling pretty low!

The good news is we did get everything done on our to do list...including baking muffins to take to all our neighbors to invite to Easter services at our church.  And the even better news is we were only 30 minutes late getting to bed.  Not perfect, but then again no day is!

This morning the girls' devotion was on loving and forgiving yourself.  Something I have to work frequently on.  As a mom, I beat myself up constantly.  In fact, in all honesty, I am beating myself up for a whole new instance right now as I type.  But I have to remember the example I am being for my girls. I want them to love themselves and not be too hard on themselves...so I must practice what I preach.

Today's verse
Jeremiah 31:34c "...for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."

God forgives us; He not only forgives us but He forgets our failures, and we must forgive ourselves as well!  



Here's our muffin recipe.  We love a little glaze on our muffins, but feel free to leave off if you don't like a lot of sweet.  We hope your family enjoys!

2 cups all purpose flour
2/3 cup sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
1/3 cup melted butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups blueberries

Combine wet and dry ingredients separately.  Stir together just until mixed well and then fold in the blueberries.  It is very important not to over stir muffins or they will be tough.  Bake for 20-25 minutes.  We topped with a drizzle of glaze which was simply 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla and 1 + 1/2 tsp milk.   I have also read to melt a little butter and brush over muffins and top with brown sugar or the large grained sugar.  I have never tried this, but I bet it would be yummy too!






After all the hassle that came with the printer, I was not in a good mood to say the least.  But I remembered the Proverbs 31 devotion about being cranky, and it sure helped.  Check it out if you get a chance!

http://www.proverbs31.org/devotions/cranky-pants-2013-03/

No comments:

Post a Comment