Wednesday, April 17, 2013

What's Cookin' Wednesday!

So I have a confession...I am a cookie dough lover, and yes I know the risks of eating the stuff, but it is ohhhh soooo good!  I do remember a night in the dorm in college when one of my girlfriends and I ate almost a whole roll of cookie dough!  Not so healthy, but it sure was a fun night of eating and laughing! And although I would never do that now, I do like to take a small taste when I am making my cookies.

I read recently about adding a box of vanilla pudding to your favorite chocolate cookie recipe to make them extra soft and puffy!  I also have read that placing cookie dough in the fridge for an hour or so before scooping can help the cookies not to spread as much.  So we had to try these suggestions recently, and we were so incredibly surprised at the delicious outcome.  Even my husband, who is not the  biggest sweets fan, loved these little treats!  Grab some bowls and spoons and try this one soon!  Hope your family enjoys!

Pudding Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

2 1/4 cup all-purpose Flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup butter  at room temp
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 pkg vanilla instant pudding
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
10-12 oz milk chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350

Combine flour, baking soda and salt..set aside. In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter, sugars, vanilla, and pudding mix. Beat until smooth and creamy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add flour mixture slowly. Stir in chocolate chips. Place dough in refrigerator for an hour or so. Place heaping Tbsps of batter (I used my 1 Tbsp cookie scoop) onto parchment paper lined cookie sheets and bake until golden appx 10-12 mins. Cool to touch and move to cooling rack.  



These hold their shape really well.  Feel free to use semi-sweet chips; we just really love milk chocolate!  I am sure these would be good with pecans or walnuts added also!  We will definitely be trying this method with other cookie recipes!

Today's Verse
"Thou drewest near in the day that I called upon thee:  thou saidst, Fear not."  Lamentations 3:57



 
Aren't my sous chefs cute in their matching aprons from their little cousins!


No comments:

Post a Comment