Wednesday, April 10, 2013

What's Cookin' Wednesday!

Here is my favorite Italian Pasta Salad recipe.  This is great for all the fun outdoor picnics and events that always come along with the warmer weather...and man is it warm here in NC right now!  YAY!  I make this for my husband to take to employee lunches at work, for family gatherings, and just for me and the girls to enjoy sometimes.  I always get asked for the recipe, so I actually measured (YIKES!) and wrote it down the last time I made it a couple of weeks ago for a luncheon.  I doubled it that day, and it was all eaten! I hope your family enjoys!

1 12 oz box of tri-color pasta (cooked according to directions with salt and a little EVOO and drained and rinsed in cold water)
1/2 cup favorite Italian dressing (I use Kraft Italian Light)
1 pint cherry tomatoes (halved and seeded)
1/2 cup mini pepperonis (I use turkey pepperonis, and if I can't find the minis I buy the regular and quarter them)
1/2 cup of sundried tomatoes (I do not use the ones packed in oil, but I do mix with 1-2 Tbsp of EVOO before adding)
1 cup of Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup sliced black olives (optional - I sometimes add and sometimes omit)
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)

Mix all ingredients and allow at least 3 hours or overnight to sit in the refrigerator.  Serve cold or room temp!


Today's Verse
Deuteronomy 7:9

Know therefore that the  Lord  thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations; 

No comments:

Post a Comment