Friday, June 28, 2013

#StressedLess

The study of Stressed-Less Living by Tracie Miles has come to an end, but hopefully the truths I learned from this book will resonate forever.  I never expected the book to cure my stressful life, but it has helped tremendously!

I am a book marker.  Some people choose to keep their pages free of marks, neat and clean...but I like to take my pen and star and underline and write little notes in the margins!  I simply want to share a few of my favorite quotes from the book.  If I shared them all, we would be here a while :)...so just a few!  Here are a few thoughts that really spoke to me and really comforted my stressful soul.


"God not only sees our flaws, mistakes, and insecurities, he loves us despite them."

"Overcoming your stress begins with recognizing the fact that, no matter what problems are causing you stress and anxiety, God IS BIGGER."

"Real victory is when we learn to live with more joy and less stress, even when we can still see the giants looming off in the distance."

"If you choose only one weapon to fight off your stress, let God's Word be it."

"God answers prayers, in his ways and in his timing.  But, if we fail to pray, he has nothing to act upon."


Focusing on my Creator and not my stresses is my goal.  Finding joy when the anxious thoughts seem to overwhelm my day is possible.  Having a life with less stress and more peace is attainable.  But it can only be done through hiding God's Word in my heart and talking to Him about anything and everything.  He cares about even the smallest of problems in my life.  He is willing to listen anytime!  He wants to hear anything I have to say!  What a great Friend to have!

Those last two quotes are probably the most important to me.  Having that time with God is the only thing that calms me down...I just have to make sure I am doing that.  Every. Single. Day.  It is the ultimate cure for a stressful day!


Thank you Tracie for an amazing book and thank you P31 OBS team for an amazing study!


Today's Verse
John 6:35 "And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst."









No comments:

Post a Comment