Monday, July 11, 2011

NO NO NO!

Do you ever feel like you say "No" constantly?  With my 1 and 4 year old, I know I say it 100 times a day!  I know there are the child psychologists that say we shouldn't say "No" to our children.  I am not here to debate that.  I just "know" that "No" works on stopping my children from hurting themselves, watching too much TV, eating cookies before dinner, and all the things my little ones can get themselves into that is not in their best interest.  My girls are already becoming pros at how to react to some of these "No's".  My 4 year old is the queen of poking her lip out and holding her head down as she pouts and walks away like a sad puppy.  My 1 year old is the queen of running in place as she wrinkles her brow.  Cute to some, but not to this mom :)

This brings up a question.  How do we react when God tells us "No"?

Sometimes, I want to pout and there is even the occasional longing to throw a fit.  We know that the Lord knows what is best for us.  He has His reasons for telling us "No" or sometimes "Wait" - which can seem like a "No" to us.  

VERSE FOR TODAY
Romans 8:28 
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

We know He has it all in control.  Our lives are in His hands.  What a comfort?  What a relief?  Yes, there are times when we want to stomp and say "Please do it my way", but I promise "my way" wouldn't be for the best.   

The girls' devotion was about "perseverance" today.  Oh how I needed it just like they did.  It taught to never give up and try, try, again!  Later in the morning we were playing a guessing game.  When I told my 4 year old I didn't know the answer, she looked at me and matter-of-factly stated, "Mom, you can't give up, keep trying to guess!"  I had to laugh.  Yay, she remembered the lesson, but man was it going to get me sometimes :)  

When God tells me "No", I have to keep trying, keep seeking His face, keep seeking His will, keep persevering!

So be patient with me today!  It is going to work out "for good".  

No comments:

Post a Comment