Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Failure is Not an Option

The Lord is really telling me to keep on keeping on, and He is speaking through my daughters' devotion book.  Today it was about "Failure"  I can't say it any better than the actual thing so here is a quote from "God and Me - Devotions for Girls".

"Sometimes failure can be a good thing...failure can make you work harder to succeed.  Everything that happens to you happens for a reason.  When you fail, Jesus may be actually helping you by making you work harder.  The next time you can't do something, remember that it might be good that you failed the first time, and don't give up."

Do you feel like you are failing at something today?  Maybe your job, your marriage, a friendship, a new venture or even just being a servant for God.  Maybe you just don't feel like you are living up to your expectations.  Remember it is the devil throwing his darts of doubt at you.

Verse for today
Phil 3:14
I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

I told my husband just last night that I was feeling like a failure in some areas of my life.  I had no idea God would speak to me through a devotion book for 2-5 year olds this morning.  When He closes one door, we have to know He has our best interest in mind.  We are not failing, we are just getting more prepared for His tasks He has planned for us.  And, as the saying goes another door or maybe even a window will open up!

No comments:

Post a Comment