Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Maybe Monsters

We have a lot of decisions to make in our family coming up.

Should we move?
Where should the girls go to school?
Should we start a new business venture?
What is going to happen with my husbands' job?
Should we stay involved in so many things at our church or are we overdoing it?

Just to name a few questions that have been floating through our house over the last month.  We know everything will go exactly according to His will and we are in His hands, but it is hard not to get a little anxious.

That is when the "Maybe" Monsters and the "What-if" Woozles (Pooh fans will understand) can really creep in.  We can come up with a lot of scenarios of how things could go and our mind can just whirl with craziness.  And the devil will throw those darts of doubt straight at us.  How can we conquer these things?

Thankfully during this time the Lord sent relief in the  form of a great message on Sunday and a devotion for my girls that was about the same subject on Monday.  When the Lord puts the same story in your path two days in a row, I know I am suppose to gather something from it.  It was the story of Solomon and his unselfish request of wisdom and discernment "Give therefore thy servant an understanding (hearing) heart...that I may discern between good and bad."  1 Kings 3:9  This was the key verse both Sunday and in the girls' devotion on Monday.  So it is my prayer today.  Discernment is the ability to reason.  My family needs to reason between the pros and cons of the questions above and ask for discernment from the Giver of everything.  My husband's favorite verse is Jer 33:3 "Call unto me and I will answer thee and show thee great and mighty things which thou knowest not."

He will show, we just have to call.

Verse for Today:
Ps 32:8 "I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go:  I will guide thee with mine eye."

How do I sleep through the night without the "Maybe" Monsters and the "What-if" Woozles keeping me awake?  I lean on this verse.  He will teach me.  He will lead me.  He will give me the gift of discernment.  He will guide me with His eye.  He will fight the monsters and woozles.  I have nothing to fear.  If you are battling these monsters and woozles, ask for discernment and lean on the One who can guide you with just His eye!

No comments:

Post a Comment