Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Have you had your V-8 today?

So I am asking for your forgiveness before I even begin.  Some of you might not like my topic for the next couple of weeks, and I do apologize.  I just feel like with the holidays coming upon us quickly, that now would be a good time to talk about having our daily V-8.  Now I am not talking about the actual drink, although it is a healthy choice to have, but I am talking about a little healthy V-8 program.  The Lord laid this idea on my heart this past summer to share with a ladies Bible study class.  Now I am not talking about dieting here; I am simply talking about getting a little healthier for ourselves, our families, and most importantly, for God.  We are to take care of these bodies He has blessed us with and this is a way of doing that.

The "V" stands for a daily verse, or in other words, daily time reading our Bible.  From there, we will go into the 8 steps to take to make little improvements in our daily lives.  I am doing this for me just as much as anything, because I have really been slacking in some areas recently.  I have not been taking care of myself and want to get back into these good habits before the rush of the holidays!  

I love the V-8 commercials where somebody is making a bad food choice and somebody else knocks them in the head.  Oh if only someone would follow me around and do that!  Anyway, I have of course put the link to a commercial, so go watch if you want a good chuckle.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VZxE6pW_to&feature=related

I will begin tomorrow with our "V" and elaborate on having our daily Bible reading and how it can impact our lives.  Then through the next two weeks, I will discuss the eight steps on making healthier decisions.  There will be verses to share, and I would LOVE any discussion you might have on the topic.

Even though I said this is not a diet at all, I wanted to share this little diet joke I read in a Reader's Digest...
The teacher in our Bible class asked a woman to read from the Book of Numbers about the Israelites wandering in the desert. "The Lord heard you when you wailed, 'If only we had meat to eat!' " she began. "Now the Lord will give you meat. You will not eat it for just one day, or two days, or five, or ten or twenty days, but for a month -- until you loathe it." When the woman finished, she paused, looked up and said, "Hey, isn't that the Atkins diet?"  - David Martino


I thought that was funny!  


Today's Verse
Romans 8:13 "For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die, but if ye through the Spirit do mortify (put to death) the deeds of the body, ye shall live"
A note from my Study Bible regarding this verse says, "Christians should glorify God in their physical bodies as well as in their spirits, since both belong to God."  


This is our chance to glorify God every way possible. Get ready to have your V-8!  I really hope you will enjoy this venture with me!




No comments:

Post a Comment