Friday, February 3, 2012

Leaving on a jet plane

So I am taking a quick break from packing. Yes we leave very early Monday morning to head to Disney World. I do not know who is more excited, my girls or my parents :). We are all so overjoyed to be going and are praying for a safe and fun trip. I am a little nervous about flying, but I have all my fear verses in my back pocket.

 Every time I prepare to fly, I cannot help but think of that scene from Armageddon the movie. They are preparing to board the shuttle and they begin to sing, "I'm leaving on a jet plane, I don't know when I'll be back again...". I don't know why I think of that, but I have been singing it all day.

 So you know it is important if I post on Friday. I know we have talked a lot about fears recently. I had to share a post I read yesterday. It is by Tracie Miles and was posted on February 1st. It was a wonderful post and I do encourage you to check it out next week. Two of my favorite parts came from the the devotion she referenced called Jesus Calling. The first talks about not wasting energy on worrying, and the second talks about God being our best security system. I believe I am going to put that on our security keypad to remind me of that truth when my husband is traveling. I love it!

 So please check out Tracie's blog, and I will be back week after next. I am sure there will be some wonderful stories to share!

http://www.traciemiles.blogspot.com/

Today's verse "But verily God hath heard me; he hath attended to the voice of my prayer.". Psalms 66:19

No comments:

Post a Comment