Monday, February 13, 2012

More Time

Oh how I wish I could relive every detail of our trip.  We had a fabulous time!  We did not want to come back home!  Our oldest daughter said she really hoped we missed our flight home.  And she has already been asking today when we were going back. 

Disney World really is a happy and magical place.  We wish we could have spent more time there, but we were blessed to have those four wonderful days riding rides and seeing all our favorite characters.  We had a blast!  Not that there were no bad moments, because with two little ones and not a lot of sleep, there were some meltdown moments.  But, overall we could not have asked for a better trip.  The girls were on their best behavior, our youngest daughter took wonderful naps in her stroller, our oldest daughter rode Splash Mountain twice, we saw all our favorite characters, the hotel was wonderful, the plane rides were great, and the Lord truly blessed us with good health, good weather and lots of fun. 

I do wish I could spend a lot of time telling of all the great adventures, but life seems extra busy after getting back.  With my Big Girl turning the Big 5 tomorrow, party plans are in the works. Yes I have the ultimate sweetheart with her Valentine's Day B-day.  Cakes are being made, Valentines signed for the class, and lots of things to do.  Just like we wanted more time down in Florida, I need more time today!!!!!

I sat down to rock my little one and decided to check a few quick emails on the i-pod.  This little device had been lost before the trip, but was thankfully found out in the playhouse yesterday!  The time is still set from when my husband was in Nevada a few weeks ago.  Although it was really 1:00 the time read 10:00.  I couldn't help but wish for a brief moment that it really was 10:00.   I am feeling so overwhelmed today, and more time would be a blessing.

But as you all know, we all only have 24 hours in a day to make the most of.  I was tempted not to sit down and read a passage today.  I kept thinking, "Oh I will read something tonight".  But, I need that time with the Lord so He can show me how to best use the rest of my time today.  I need that time of refreshment, renewal and strength that can only come with time spent in His Word. 

Today's Verse
"See then that ye walk circumspectly (carefully), not as fools, but as wise.  Redeeming the time, because the days are evil."  Ephesians 5:15-16

"Redeeming the time" means to literally "make the most of every opportunity".  I would have missed the opportunity to fellowship with the Lord today if I did not redeem my time wisely. I cannot walk carefully if I am not seeking time with Him.  Yes I could be using this time for work and chores, but would things go smoothly if I had not spent any time with God?  I will be the first to admit that my days are never smooth if I don't spend the time reading my Bible, praying and asking for guidance. 

So let's be grateful for the time we have today, and lets use it wisely.  But no matter how busy we are, let's make sure we are spending some of our time talking to our heavenly Father.

I do feel like I rushed through this post, but I really must get back to work.  I do want to say a Big Happy Birthday to my wonderful Mother, and I hope everyone has a Happy Valentines Day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment