Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Kindergarten Prayer

Heavenly Father,
My heart is breaking 
in every way,
My little girl 
started Kindergarten today.
She smiled and waved 
and walked away,
"I love you" and "Be good" 
was all I could say.
I know You'll hold 
her hand everyday,
But it still hurts to leave 
and let her stay.
She'll have fun and make friends, 
laugh and play,
Yet my tears keep falling 
on this first day.
Watch over her, protect her, 
keep all harm at bay,
Thank You for Your peace 
and making me feel okay.
I am proud of my big girl 
in every way,
And to have a great first year 
is what I pray.
Amen


Today's Verse
"Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen."  
Matthew 28:20

1 comment:

  1. Sweet words.
    Right there with you! Thanks for commenting on my post...glad to have found you.

    ReplyDelete