Monday, August 27, 2012

Get it together - Part 2

So I shared my many calendars last Monday.  Writing things down is my way of storing info in my brain.  Yes, my husband would love for me to use shared family calendars online or the many other techi ways of keeping important dates, but the old pen and paper is my friend.  Next Monday I will be sharing one more of my to-do lists formats that helps me plan our week. I hope you will check it out.

Today I was just going to quickly share the system I came up with for the paper work that was compiling in my kitchen junk drawers.  I also am using this system to keep up with the forms needed for my daughter's Kindergarten class.  (One of the folders holds Absence forms that are needed and sadly we will have to use those this week.  My little Kindergartner had to miss school today with a fever and sore throat.  She is severely upset about her first absence, but she needs the rest to get better.  She said she didn't want to get her new friends sick...so sweet!)

I am using an over the door organizer that I purchased on Amazon.  It is perfect for storing my folders and hanging the girls bookbags and lunchboxes on.  (Yes my little 2 year old wanted a "packpack"  of her own!) This door leads to our morning exit, so everything is right where we need it.  I have folders for my daughter's class and for her returned classwork and homework.  I also have folders for new recipes I want to try, articles from magazines with info I find important, my coupons, and finally for take-out menus.  This one I promise is not used very often, but it is important for those ultra crazy weeks or like this past weekend when my parents and grandmother came over and Mom said to lets order out and not cook :)

This organizer is super sturdy and it even has pouches for pens, tape, scissors and books (I keep the girls devotion book in one pouch).  Everything is right at hand and no bookbags to trip over!  Yay!   



Today's Verses
"Bless the LORD, O my soul:  and all that is within me, bless his holy name.  Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits.  Who forgiveth all thine iniquities, who healeth all thy diseases;  Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;"
Psalms 103:1-4

No comments:

Post a Comment