Monday, August 1, 2011

Let's Get Ready

So, we did it!  Our house if for sale.  Yikes!  We have the complete attitude that God will move us, when He wants to, where He wants to and only if He wants to.  But, I will have to say in all honesty, it is hard not to get a little excited.  Especially since we already have our first showing scheduled for Wednesday.  We have to get this house picture perfect, or "show ready" as they say in the biz (not that I know the biz, but it sounds so cool).  We have been throwing things in the attic, touching up here, moving things there, and the dreaded taking down of my pictures.

I am a picture fanatic.  I love photos.  I had my daughters picture taken at 2 weeks, 6 weeks, 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, Christmas and then a big 1 year photo.  I had to be fair for both girls and have the same thing done for each. We joke saying if God wants us to have more kids, we are going to have to have more walls to hang the pictures on.  Realtors do not like for you to have many pictures up.  You want the new family to envision themselves there.  But, I just can't seem to make myself take down every photo in the whole house.  Those are our memories!

As I am thinking about getting our house "show ready" I can't help but think about our lives in this house.  What a blessing!  I also think about if there are things around this house that the families would see to know we are followers of Christ.  Is our actual lives "show ready".  Would we be ashamed of anything in our house if it was Jesus coming to view our house?  Is there things in our lives we try to hide in the attic so others will not know about them?  God knows.  He doesn't have to knock on the door, He sees it all.  Are we living our lives ready for Him to come and take us home?  If the trumpet would sound right now, is there something you would be ashamed of in your home?

I am asking myself these questions too!  We know the Lord will come as a "thief in the night" (1 Thess 5:2).  We have no way of getting our lives "show ready" right before He returns.  We have to stay "show ready".  We have to live for Him everyday, not just on Sundays when we go to church and maybe Wednesday nights.

Verse for Today
"Let my mouth be filled with thy praise and with thy honor all the day." Ps 71:8

It says "all the day".  Not most of the day, or when someone is watching, but "all the day".  Please, Heavenly Father help me to keep my life and my heart "show ready" for you and let me "be filled with thy praise...all the day."

You know I love old hymns and so I can't help but think of "Blessed Assurance" when I say "all the day".  So below is the lyrics from the chorus.

This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long.
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long.

Source: http://www.hymnal.net/hymn.php/h/308#ixzz1To1DSny6

No comments:

Post a Comment