Friday, August 5, 2011

Working for Him

I am sitting at a desk.  Well, if you saw it, you might not consider it a desk.  It is on wheels and has about a
 2 ft. x 2 ft. working space.  It is just enough for my laptop and a stapler and book (a small book might I add).  But, it is a desk and right now it is all we have.  I very seldom sit here.  I am more comfortable just working on the bed, the couch, the kitchen table, really anywhere but here.  Today I had to print some things and this is where I come for that, so why not use my $10 office chair every now and again.

I say this because I am thinking of all the places we can serve God.  In our homes, no matter the size, on the missions field, no matter the place, in our church, no matter the number of members, wherever the Lord leads us to work for Him, we work.  We do it for Him.  We labor for Him.  We plan for Him.  We sacrifice a little because He sacrificed it ALL.

Today's Verse
2 Tim 2:24 "And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient"

 I am uncomfortable here at this tiny work station, but it is not even a drop in the bucket, not even a speck on a speck, compared to what He has done.  So I work; I type; I enter numbers for the church tithing records; I plan a carnival for our little church kids.  I do it for Him.  I am patient, knowing if He has bigger plans that this small desk, He will show them to me in His time.  The devil tries to make me believe I am not good enough or I do it for the wrong reasons.  But, I resist his lies and pray for peace and ideas and a confident heart.  I work for Him.

Col 3:23 tells me "And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men."

I do not do it for pats on the back (not saying that isn't nice).  I do not do it to stay busy (I am plenty busy without it).  I am doing this because He has called me to.  I am doing this because He has blessed me with a love of words, numbers, kids, planning, and places where I can use my gifts.  I might not feel worthy.  I might not feel appreciated.  I might not feel adequate.  But, I don't have to.  I am working for Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment