Thursday, August 18, 2011

Where did the summer go?

 I have the summer is almost over - blah blah blues.  I can't believe it is almost all over!  I am sooooo sad.  It has been a hot summer, but a fun one!  I have to wonder if Macie will remember, when she is older, any of the things we did this summer: the trip to Maryland, the 3 weekends in row we had to go to weddings, the trips to the pool, the carnival at church, or just the fun of being at home and not on the go, go, go.

The go, go, go will start back next week.  We have orientation on Tuesday and the dreaded S word starts on Thursday.  Grant it, we only have to go to school 2 days a week, but it is still not something I look forward to.  And, my main reason for sadness is the fact that next year it starts FOR REAL.  Where will we send her for Kindergarten?  How do we know where she will get the best education?  Do we go private or public?  How will we know where the Lord is directing us to go?

I have no idea how He will show us, but I can know He will show us.  We had no idea where we would end up after marriage, but where we are now is perfectly where He wanted us to be.  As a teenager, if someone would have told me "you will live in Angier, NC", I would have laughed.  But, we are here and loving it after 7 years!  I know it might be down to the wire before we know where to send her, but He will lead us to the best decision.  One of the programs we are a part of gave me info called the "Count Down to Kindergarten" this week.  Although it did make me sad and a little anxious, I know He holds Macie and the plans He has for her in His hands. I also know this life  He has given us is as a vapour (James 4:14 "Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow.  For what is your life?  It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.")  and we have to make the most of this life!

I want to live each day making it count somehow for God.  Maybe it is teaching Macie, and even Emmie is starting to learn more about the Bible.  Teach them how to be lights for Him.  Teach Macie how to be a friend to everyone around her in Kindergarten and a good witness by her actions.  Pray her heart will be for Him in the school He wants her to be at.  I have this hope to get me prepared for the coming turbulent school years.

Today's verse - an absolute favorite!
"This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it."

Let us rejoice today because He holds our future, because Fall is a beautiful time of year even if we will miss summer, and because He has given us this day and everyday is a blessing.  Let's get out of the summer is over slump together!  Where did the summer go?  We lived it and, hopefully, we lived it for Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment