Thursday, September 15, 2011

Right Side of the Bed

Wow, yesterday was not how I had planned it to go!  Do you try to plan your day in advance?  The girls and I have a sort of routine, and I am very much a planning, scheduling, everything needs to go this way kind of girl!  I woke up on the completely "right" side of the bed.  First of all, I didn't not have any kids in my bed when I opened my eyes!  Shock and Hallelujah!  That is cause for celebration right there.  I was able to get a quick workout in and even an early Bible reading before my oldest was up.  Oh Yeah!  This was going to be a great day.

We had plans to do some baking for church and then some much needed errands.  After finishing breakfast and beginning our baking, I suddenly remembered we were having a visitor over at 10:00.  It had completely skipped my brain.  Ok, first rearrangement.  Things continuously did not go as planned through out the day.  Church services, I am sad to say, were no better.  I was being pulled in a million directions as soon as I walked through the door; my youngest daughter got hurt in the nursery, and I was not able to stay in my class or any class for that matter.  I was in tears by the time I was on the way home after having a "unique discussion" with a fellow church member.  All I could think was how my day had went from fabulous to the absolute pits and super fast!

How could things go that way, especially when I woke up with such optimism?  How was I going to face the next day after ending my day feeling so beat down?  The devil had really tried to cause me to break, and I was almost giving in.

I woke up wondering how today would be, and praying for the strength to get out of my bed.  And, of course, the devil was after me again.  I was beating my own self to a pulp by the time I was pulling out of the preschool parking lot.  I prayed for resistance to the devil's darts of doubt.  He was making me feel so worthless, but I cannot give into the temptation to crawl in a hole and not be the light God called me to be.

Today's Verse - a fave
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."  Matt 5:16

Let your light shine so others can see His love through you.  I felt like I couldn't muster a smile on my face after the beating I received yesterday, but with His help, I did.  I even kept that smile while being told at Target that I couldn't use a coupon (not having a coupon honored - one of my worst pet-peeves).  I wanted to snap at that manager, but that is not how God wanted me to respond.  That would not be showing His light.  And we have those sort of encounters everyday.  But, remember someone is always watching, and if we handle it God's way it might just touch someone with just our actions.

That is my prayer every morning, show His light to all those you come in contact with, no matter if I got out of the bed on the wrong side or the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment