Tuesday, September 13, 2011

3 Minute Miracle

There is a hair product called "3 minute miracle" that I keep in my shower.  It is by Aussie.  It is a conditioner that you use every once in a while.  I have long hair, so it is necessary!  On the back it says to wash and rinse then apply and relax for 3 minutes and think about your day.  I am only able to use the stuff and actually take a relaxing shower on Saturdays.  That is the morning my hubby is at home.  He watches the girls and cooks us a fabulous breakfast (thanks honey).  And I get an uninterrupted shower.  No little ones coming in with questions or whining about this and that.  No rushing for school or church.  I get a much needed relaxing hot shower.

Those moments of peace are worth a lot!  We must have time to think, time to relax, and time to recoup from the pressures of being a wife and mom.  I have a hard time feeling guilty when I am away from my girls, but I have to remember that I am a better mom when I have had some time by myself with the Lord.  Yes I enjoy devotion time with the girls and prayer time with my husband, but in order for my life to feel in order, I need one on one time with my Heavenly Father.

My oldest is in the process of giving up her nap.  No nap - Oh No!!!!  I still have to have that "nap time" on those days when she can't sleep (like today).  That is my most precious time with the Lord.  Yes, I know there are clothes to wash and emails to be sent and phone calls to make and things to clean and church stuff to do, but nap time has to be my quiet time for me to make it as a mom.  The other things have to come after my time reading, thinking, writing and chatting with God!  I have made a deal that she still has to have her quiet time so mommy can have my quiet time.  It is going to take some adjustments, but I know the Lord will honor our time together.  As I said yesterday, when I give Him my time, He will give me more time!  Oh how true that has been!

Verse for Today
Ps 73:26 "My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever."

This fleshy body is tired and falling apart, and this is even more evident since reaching my 30s (YIKES).  But, when I give Him my time it makes God the strength of my heart I am truly able to function better as a wife and mother!

I took a break last night and skipped gym class.  My wonderful hubby took the girls by himself; yes he is brave!  I felt horrible for like a minute, that is a fun time for us as a family.  But, it was pure bliss painting my nails, writing in my journal, catching up on pictures and working on a Bible study I am doing.  When those 3 minute miracles are possible to take, take them and don't feel guilty.  Your kids will thank you for them when you are more fun to hang out with.

No comments:

Post a Comment