Monday, September 12, 2011

Direct my paths

Wow - today is a true Monday!!!!  Why can't I still be at the beach?  I have managed to lock my girls and me out of our house (thank the Lord it is for sale and I was able to get the spare key), had major issues with boo-boos, and confusion on some of the church's financial statements.  All of this has occurred after a weekend were I had to stay up this for 40 hours with only 3 hours of sleep mixed in (Yay for all night youth lock-ins) and the emotional drain of yesterday being the tenth anniversary of 9/11.  I just want to crawl under a rock!  There is nothing about me that knows where I am headed or if I am coming or going.

Thankfully I have continually asked the Lord to direct my paths today, and I have the confidence that He is doing so.  I am not sure why He thought it would be beneficial for me to lock us out today of all days (which by the way I have never done this before - EVER), but I have told myself it is for a reason. I should at least be able to laugh at it sometime in the future!  I have a to do list that is 5 times too long, so stopping for constant boo-boos can be a little straining on the patience, but I know I will miss giving those kisses before I can blink.

I have to prepare my heart today and everyday when I know the devil is throwing everything he can at me to make me lose my temper and just plain mess up big time!  In 2 Chronicles chapter 12 we read about one of Solomon's sons, Rehoboam.  In verse 14 is sasy, "And he did evil, because he prepared not his heart to seek the Lord."  I don't want that to be me.  I don't want my girls to say, "Mommy is mean", because I didn't take the time to consult God about our day.

Have I prepared my heart today?  Have I sought the Lord today?  I wouldn't be typing if I hadn't.  I'm not saying everyday I get up and prepare myself like I should, but I have to lean on Him continuously to make it through (especially when there is sleepless night involved).

Today's Verse
Proverbs 4:26 "Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established."

When we get up, we must set our sights on The One to follow.  I had a little feeling of panic recently when I felt there was no way I was going to get everything done before the youth lock-in this weekend.  I felt a tug on my heart that said, "give me your time and I will give you more of it."  He can allow us to get everything done, but we must not cut Him out of our day.  He will establish our ways!  Ponder what we can do for Him and ask Him to direct our paths.  He promises He will (Prov 3:6).  

No comments:

Post a Comment