Wednesday, September 7, 2011

It's nice to be known

My verse my mother "gave" to me when I was young is found in Psalms 91.  I was reading this chapter while on vacation and wrote the promises given in this chapter down.  "My" verse is 11 and says "For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways."  I love this verse and have so many memories of finding that verse in my pocket during difficult times.  Thanks Mom!

I found a verse that spoke to me in a tremendous way that night I was reading this chapter.  Verse 14 says "Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him:  I will set him on high, because he hath known my name."  He loves me, but not only that He knows me.  He even knows my name.  It's such a comfort to know I am known by my Lord.

I am dealing with a situation where someone is acting like they don't know who I am.  Yes, I know I am not the most memorable person you will ever meet.  And, yes there are people with bad memories  and who forget people easily.  But I specifically know this person knows me.  Yet, when face to face, she is not acknowledging that she knows me.  I am starting a situation where we will be in contact on a weekly basis, and I just simply do not know how to handle it.

As you might can imagine, this bothers me.  Now I do not want to have a bad attitude towards her.  I do not want to appear to be judging her.  I try to keep a smile plastered on my face as we have our little chats, even with the sense of tension in the air.   So I have to ask myself, how can the Lord use this to teach me something?  I need a reason for this!  Then today the thought hit me.  There is only One Name under the stars that matters and that person knows me!  Little old me!  He knows me!

I recently watched a cute movie "You Again" .  It was about a girl that had a horrible high school experience, but had went on and had lots of successes in her career.  She then finds out her brother is going to marry her arch nemesis from high school.  This girl had made her life miserable!  When they meet again, the girl acts as if she never knew her.  She only wants to be acknowledged and have a sincere apology from her former enemy, but she gets nothing. In true romantic comedy fashion, they all live happily ever after and everything is wonderful in the end.

I feel like this character trying to get this person to just realize that what she is doing is hurtful.  But, in the end of my life, it is not going to matter if she knows my name or not.  My name only needs to be in the Book of Life and spoken by my Lord!

Today's Verse
Joshua 23:8 "But cleave unto the Lord your God, as ye have done unto this day."

I do not know how the Lord will use my current situation, but I know He has a reason for everything.  The one thing I do know is I cleave to Him because He knows me.  I cleave to Him because He is the Lord MY God!  I cleave to Him because He is all that matters.  He is mine and He can be yours.  He is the only one who needs to know your name!  He can make it nice to be known!


Other promises from Psalms 91
Verse 1 promises we will be protected by His shadows.
Verse 2 promises that He is our refuge, fortress and the One we can trust in.
Verse 3 promises He is our deliverer.
Verse 4 promises that His truth will be our shield.
Verses 5 and 6 promises us we don't have to fear.
Verse 7 promises protection.
Verse 10 promises that no evil will come upon us.
Verses 11 and 12 promises that His angels will have us covered.
Verse 14 promises He has loved us and knows us by name.
Verses 15 and 16 should be our promise to Him to honor and live for Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment