Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sorry - Not Ready

Do you ever feel like the wheel of Cheese in the Cheese-it commercials?  Do you know the one where the cheese is not "mature" yet, and the man in the lab coat keeps checking "not ready"?  Then finally one day the cheese matures.  I have put the YouTube link below for your viewing pleasure.  You might even laugh a little.  It makes me chuckle!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/CHEEZIT?v=ewexwSnNijw&feature=pyv&ad=12536192852&kw=cheez%20it

Lately I have envisioned myself to be this block of cheese and the lab coat man is God in heaven.  He is just waiting for me to mature just a little more.  When I hit that all important maturity level, He will say, "Ah, finally, she is ready for my will to be revealed."

I know the Lord is guiding me.  And, I know He has a purpose for this time of uncertainty about the next move in our life.  Yet, it can be sooooo hard to be patient.  With our calling in our church ministry, our house for sale, my husband's job issues, starting a side business, and my studying to possibly write, there are days when I just want to say "Where are you Lord?  Can you please tell me your plan?  Please!!"

In Psalms 77 the psalmist is crying out to the Lord (vs 1), seeking the Lord (vs 2), and even complaining to God (vs 3).  In verse 9, he even asks "Hath God forgotten to be gracious?  Hath he in anger shut up his tender mercies?"  But just a few more verses down in 11 and 12 the psalmist decides to "remember the works of the Lord" and "meditate also of all thy work".  He remembers in verse 14 that God is "the God that doest wonders".

It's ok to cry out to God.  But, just remember He is always there.  He is always listening, even when we can't feel it. He has performed so many blessings and miracles in your life, some that you are not even aware of.  The greatest of all is simply that if you have asked Him to, He has saved you.  He will reveal His will.  You might be in the dessert, but He will call you out of it.  He is the God of wonders, and He will use you.  He really just might be waiting for you to mature a little.  He is using this time of wonder to prepare us!

Today's Verse
"But it is good for me to draw near to God:  I have put my trust in the Lord God, that I may declare all thy works."  Ps 73:28

Draw near to Him.  Wait for Him.  You will have to trust Him.  When you do, you can declare His works.  He will prepare your heart and make you ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment