Thursday, September 29, 2011

If this was your last day...

What a horrible thing to ask, but it does get some thoughts swirling in my head.  If you knew this was the last day, what would you do?  I am a big fan of country music, and the song "Live like you were dying" comes to mind.  And funny thing is, I HAVE been sky diving.  Crazy, I know!  If you are unfamiliar with the song, the first phrase in the chorus is "I went sky diving..." , so I could check that off my list.

But, what things would you say or do, and who would you want to see?  Is there someone you have been trying to win to Christ?  Would you beg one last time?

I was reading of Moses last days in Deuteronomy. God tells him he is fixing to join his people and die in 32:50.  Moses knew he was on his way to be forever in Heaven, but the Lord did grant him one look at the Promised Land he would never be a part of.  He got one last look of earth.

Would you want to see some place one last time, or even a new place you've never seen?

I know the Promised Land was a site to behold for Moses, but we know it is nothing in comparison to what he was about to lay his eyes on when he entered the gates of his eternal home and the ultimate Promised Land.  Oh the beauty we will see.  Thinking about this puts another song in my mind, "What a day that will be".

Today's Verse
"And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away." Rev 21:4

I can't say exactly what I would do.  It's just on my mind after reading of Moses, and just a thought to ponder for today.  I do know what I have to look forward to when my last day on earth comes.  I do know that it will be a "glorious day" when it is my time, because I will be looking upon His face and He will wipe away my tears.


"What a day that will be"
Words and Music was written by: Jim Hill


There is coming a day when no heartaches shall come
No more clouds in the sky, no more tears to dim the eye.
All is peace forevermore on that happy golden shore,
What a day, glorious day that will be.

Chorus
What a day that will be when my Jesus I shall see,
And I look upon His face,
The One who saved me by His grace;
When He takes me by the hand
And leads me through the Promised Land,
What a day, glorious day that will be.

There'll be no sorrow there, no more burdens to bear,
No more sickness, no pain, no more parting over there;
And forever I will be with the One who died for me,
What a day, glorious day that will be.


Chorus
What a day that will be when my Jesus I shall see,
And I look upon His face,
The One who saved me by His grace;
When He takes me by the hand
And leads me through the Promised Land,
What a day, glorious day that will be.
What a day, glorious day that will be!


No comments:

Post a Comment