Thursday, January 3, 2013

Boring

My house looks plain again.  There are no lights to twinkle, shiny things to break (My almost 3 year old was a pro at breaking Christmas treasures this year.  Thank the Lord for crazy glue!)  stockings are no longer hanging and the bows and Christmas dishes are all put away.  I already miss the Christmas carols and my little one asked me today, "Is Christmas really over?"

Yes, it is passed for now, but blink and it will be here again...at least for us adults.  The little ones seem to think it takes a lifetime to come back around.

A funny thing happened on Christmas morning.  It is a tradition that my husband has a Santa tracker on his phone for all the little cousins to check at my Nanny's house on Christmas eve.  Christmas morning, after the presents had been ripped into, we were getting ready to head to our next gathering.  My husband unplugged his phone and there was the Santa tracker.  It had already reset and said to check back in 364 days.  We laughed!  Christmas wasn't even over and there was already a countdown to when old St. Nick would be coming again.

January can be boring, dull and sometimes even depressing.  The everyday life of a stay-at-home mom can seem mundane and monotonous after the tinsel is put away. The weather here has been gloomy and chili which doesn't help with the winter blues as it is often called.  We have to get back into our normal routines, which does not include the exciting events that can lead up to Christmas.  There may be fun things to look forward to, but most do not hold the joyful excitement  that Christmas can evoke.   

We may have been waiting for answers from our heavenly Father last year, but He is still asking us to wait.  There may be situations we were hoping would improve after the new year began, only to see them get a little worse.  The lists of things to do, to organize, to improve and so on seems incredibly long and overwhelming in the new year.  But as the song "10,000 Reasons" by Matt Redman says...

The sun comes up, it's a new day dawning
It's time to sing Your song again
Whatever may pass, and whatever lies before me
Let me be singing when the evening comes


It's a new day, a new year, a new chance to be renewed.  We are looking forward to the exciting things this year will bring.  Let's pray together for a great 2013 and to be used however the Lord sees fit to use us.  And no matter what comes our way, "Let me be singing when the evening comes."  


Today's Verses
Psalms 146:1-2 
Praise ye the LORD.
        
Praise the LORD, O my soul.
While I live will I praise the LORD:
        
I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being.




No comments:

Post a Comment