Monday, January 7, 2013

The little things matter

While on break, my husband and I celebrated our 9th anniversary.  I cannot believe it has been nine years since I walked down the isle to marry the love of my life.  The Lord has blessed us immensely.  Has it always been an easy nine years?  No.  But it has been worth every minute and every disagreement.

We do not really get each other gifts for anniversaries.  We always go out for dinner and some after Christmas shopping while my mom keeps the girls.  I always joke that his birthday date is always chaotic, as his birthday is November 30th and we do our Christmas shopping while celebrating.  Then our anniversary date, which is December 27th, is nice and relaxing.  The hoopla is over and we can relax and take a deep breath!

This year however, my husband surprised me with a small, but very sentimental surprise.  Our first Christmas we were dating, Christmas of 2000 to be exact, he gave me a little band with sapphires and diamonds. In the band was carved, I LOVE YOU.  How sweet!!!!  Well a small diamond chip
had fell out year before last.  I was heart broken.  Well he had snuck in my jewelry box and took the ring to be fixed.  This present was worth more than any thousand dollar piece of jewelry could every be worth to me.  I was so surprised and sooooo happy to have my treasure back.

While thinking of my excitement, I thought of some other ways the little things matter.  I know in my walk with Lord I can feel so unworthy and insignificant sometimes.  I am not winning souls everyday.  I am not sacrificing everything to be on the mission field.  I am just little old me, doing the small things I can here and there to serve the Lord.  But no matter how little or insignificant I might feel, I know God loves me as much as the preacher who teaches a church of 10,000.  He died for me, He accepted me, and He cares for me the same way He does for all of His children.  Even the small and menial tasks I do for Him might not seem like a lot, but the little things matter to in His eyes.

Today's Verse - from our sermon yesterday at church
"And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter:  so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it."  Jeremiah 18:4



No comments:

Post a Comment